Tuesday, July 22, 2008

106 Kms in 18 hours by walking.

Its almost 45 days back when i had decided to take a plunge to walk for 100kms in a stretch.I wanted to do this feet ever since i completed the mumbai marathon.But i had reasons other than completing to worry about like my ligament injury for which i was giving a treatment of natural healing and other would be whether i would be able to handle the fatigue for the days following the event.I often wanted to achieve this feat but when you attempt to plunge into Deep waters you trust your fears more than your courage.I had a feeling that completing the distance as possible as i had previously done 53km continuosly for 4 days in december and the intention was to break the 300km in 6 days barrier which was before mumbai marathon and with mumbai marathon deadline i did not bother to take the risk to break the barrier and drop of the Marathon. With all this on a saturday night i made up my mind and started to achieve a feat for myself.

It was June 7th saturday night at 9:00 pm when i started along my usual Training route from Uppal to Cybergateway which goes via tarnaka - mettiguda - begumpet - lifestyle- and turn over to ameerpet - banjara hills - hitech city - cybergateway and return via the sameroute. i managed to reach cybergateway by around 1:00 am and then returned via the same route i reached back home at around 5:00 am to spend around 20 mins in consuming two pears and some water , i was tempted to stop and consider this as a pilot run for the comming saturday to perform the event in style but i knew that i had completed the 53kms and now every step i advance is advancing my personnel record. so i set of again but now there was tiredness but i still managed to walk on to reach near to paradise to have some water and then proceed and then i continued to walk from there and next stop for water was probably in ameerpet and somewhere close to Hitech city barista i had a tender coconut and then i proceeded again and walked further to have water after sometime and reached cybergateway.I proceeded from there occasionally i did sit-ups to relax my legs and i reached back to the same spot where i had tender coconut to have it again and then proceeded to reach Ameerpet to have water again and then somewhere around greenpark i had a bottle of toned milk from a super market and procceded to walk reached around paradise to have a milkshake during each of these instance of drinking i made a point to sit and relax my legs and then i carried myself to walk past tarnaka and finally reached home at around 3:00 pm to have myself with a achievement of walking past 100kms , 106kms to be Precise.

I dream to do a Ironman 70.3 Miles.
I have done Mumbai marathon, which was not possible as per the suggestions many gave me before and post registering.But swimming for 1.2 miles to 4.5 miles depending on the leg of the race is my concern.I have attempted to learn to swim so far i have only manged to paddle or dogswim for almost 30mts and manged 6.5 times of that length in 2 hours.
I had dedicated myself to Mumbai marathon which i did complete and which i did Nonstop for 31Kms and as per the timing certificate i had completed 21kms in less than 2 hours.
I am looking forward to Vodafone Delhi Half Marathon , hope to do it well.

3 comments:

harsh said...

awesome, zanil!

I am preparing for my first 1/2 marathon ... http://uniqideas.wordpress.com/run4gaia ... and your blog is definitely going to be an inspiration ...

Thanks!

Tanvir Kazmi said...

just read this post, and I am really inspired to do something like this (lesser distance to start with). This looks like a great achievement! Please update your blog more frequently.

Zanil Hyder said...

Tanvir

but let me tell that it was your blogs along with others which i read like a daily dose that kept me moving further to do the mumbai full marathon 2008 despite ligament injury.

but i deeply regret for not being able to do the delhi half marathon.

LONGDISTANCERUN search

Custom Search

Visitors

free counters