Sunday, November 21, 2010

10KM walk around Hussain sagar lake in Hyderabad.

Last sunday's achievement was completion of a 10km walk around Hussain sagar lake in hyderabad. This is where i ran my First long distanace after a runnersblock and that was in 2007.

This 10km walk is an achievement as i managed to get the company of my wife to do it.Infact this was done for her, rather to bring her into the circuit.

We reached the spot where Hyderabad 10K run begins and parked my bike and then strolled through the exhibition on the ..... grounds and slowly began the walk and we walked on the road and slid to the pathways around the lake whenever we could and went on but by around 4kms, priya was expressing uneasiness but i tried my best to inspire, motivate, encourage and demand as well to go ahead and it went on by the time we reached past 5kms she was getting angry and she wanted to sit and rest and i kept postponing the recess and continued to move, as distance was being covered she was fuming and she had a lot to complain and there were threats of sending the complaint across to my in-laws, to which i pleaded her not to.

I tried my best to convince her about the achievement of completing a 10km walk and coninued after about 6km by the vicinity of marriotts hotel we had our first halt for about 10 mins on a roadside bench and i tired to get close to my fuming wife who asked me to keep distance and asked why this punishment.For a while i thought it was the end of  the venture.

After sometime i managed to get her back on her feet and we walked when she requested for an auto, which was being requested ever since she crossed 4kms while i tried to convince her about the achievement and also that we were almost nearing the end. When i looked across i could spot prasad/imax behind the bhuddha statue in the lake, while i knew that we had around 3 kms to walk and each km to her would be like 100 kms to me as she was not mentally willing to do.

I went ahead trying to move ahead further towards the target and it went on until the mirage of line of sight and  actual road was deciphered by her around the ntr gardens, but my uncharming attempts to encourage her continued. We reached the junction around prasads but it was not the finishing point as we had to go another few hundred meters ahead, when she requested me to bring the bike back while she waited at the junction as before i managed to get her moving and we reached the parking lot opposite the ground and i declared that we achieved 10kms walk was complete.

Later she began to accept that as a completion of a errand.I need to ask her today (after a week) how she felt about it.I intended to have her run the hyderabad 10k 2010 which is likely to be on last weekend of november.

I began to wonder  whether our tastes would meet.
I intend to roam around india date not fixed.
I also intend to roam around the world in 2013 hopefully if i earn enough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hussain Sagar Lake links the beautiful city of Hyderbad with Secunderabad, making the twin cities. Even today lot many people spend their time on the shore of Hussain Sagar Lake. For people, who are planning to visit Secunderabad, check out these hotels in Secunderabad.

Kamal _ONGC said...

What is the total periphery for running if one wants to complete the Hussain sagar lake

Unknown said...

How long is the periphery of the lake?

LONGDISTANCERUN search

Custom Search

Visitors

free counters